Taking a look at last year’s memories; there are some really great ones. We witnessed Gmail update HTML acceptance, Litmus and Microsoft are dating, and interactive emails are making a substantial impact on business to consumer marketing departments. We’ve also seen the scales tip on mobile vs. PC email opens; mobile now largely dominates device usage for email browsing.
As Liveclicker gears up for 2017 and what is ahead; we are excited to develop new relationships, create more contextual email technology, and change the world of email with real-time content personalization. In doing so, we are looking back to the best of 2016 has to offer so that we can create the same success again this year. We scoured the interwebs, our social accounts, and our memories to create a list of the best email marketing content of 2016.
Best Email Marketing Blogs of 2016
This year, as we look to make the inbox more interactive and educate more marketers on how to use contextual email content successfully, we want to share some blogs that consistently create actionable content for #emailgeeks to use. These blogs had to pass some criteria before we listed them. That criterion is consistently actionable content, thought leadership, long-term email expertise, and active online communities.
Here are our six: (in no particular order)
- Hubspot – A little over ten years old now, this company has made its name on good content and valuable insights for marketers. With over 21,000 clients across the globe, they pass the criteria as a blog worth following. Do not miss out; you will learn a lot reading these posts.
- Litmus – If you are in email marketing and you do not get information from Litmus, you should click below now and get started. Podcasts, videos, community, market reports, statistics, blogs, HTML resources, they have it all. Plug in and level up with these folks as they seek to solve the ever-present Microsoft Outlook challenges for our industry.
- MarketingSherpa – Since 2000, MarketingSherpa has followed and researched the email industry. Many members of their team are experts in email and have the content to prove it. Make sure to keep an eye out for new content from this team.
- Campaign Monitor – These folks have been in the email marketing trenches for years with the smaller business emailers. They have some amazing content and resources for email marketers to learn from and use. A definite follow for email marketers in the small business arena.
- Email on Acid – With four bearded employees on deck, these folks are the gurus of email testing. With over 100k users and almost ten years in the email world, the team at Email on Acid has seen and written about a lot of valuable email knowledge.
- Fresh Inbox – At Liveclicker we love the Fresh Inbox movement. Justin Khoo knows a lot about contextual and kinetic email marketing and we are glad he is sharing it. This blog will instantly level up anyone’s email game. A must follow for email marketers.
Other Email Marketing Resources
There are many other resources out there for emailers; we think these are some of the top blogs for anyone in the industry. We would love to list all of the resources, but that would take forever, and we are hoping that in reading these blogs you will find some treasure troves of your own. If you have any other resources to recommend, leave us a comment!